Every Woman Matters
Every Woman Matters (EWM) is a program designed to help women between the ages of 40 and 74 meet their basic healthcare needs. If you are a woman with no health insurance, and have a low or medium income, you may qualify for EWM services. Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department will help you enroll in the program and with any necessary steps for you to attain services that you qualify for.
Every Woman Matters provides for the following services for their clients:
- Pelvic exam with Pap test
- Clinical breast exam
- Teaching breast self-exam
- Blood pressure check “according to guidelines”
- Some blood tests done “according to guidelines”
- Colon cancer screening for women and men 50 years of age and older
- Follow-up tests including cervical and breast biopsies and other tests to diagnose breast and cervical cancer
Click here to see the income guidelines of the program and here for a list of clinics that provide EWM services. To enroll into the program please call 402-529-2233 for more information.